For example:
#1
I walked into the kitchen yesterday to find the majority of the Leap Frog magnets dumped onto the ground right in front of the fridge. At first I was very irritated but then I had to laugh when I realized Emily had pushed them onto the ground until she came across the letter E magnet to post her picture she had just colored.
#2
Tommy hates getting his diaper changed. He will kick and scream and if I don't have all the diaper changing supplies right at my side, he will roll over and run away as soon as he gets the chance, even if he is half naked. It is pretty frustrating especially when he has a stinky diaper and the diaper is already off.
The other day, I was refilling the diapers in my changing basket and as soon as Tommy saw me taking out diapers from the package, he turned his back to me and started shaking his head, and saying, "no, no, no" over and over. Then as soon as I was out of arms reach, he ran across the room and hid behind the arm chair. I could see him peeking over the side of the chair and laughing at me, thinking he was so clever to have gotten away from me.
#3
I have been struggling with Abby to eat her lunch at school. They don't give them much time to eat and then rush them out onto the playground, but I know she has enough time to eat more than the cookie I gave her. She is a bit of a chatterbox and would rather play than eat any day. Last week, she wanted leftovers in her lunch instead of a sandwich (sounds crazy, I know, but they were really good and don't need to be reheated). Well there wasn't much left for her lunch so I told her she had to eat three items from her lunch instead of the usual two item minimum I give her. When I told her this, she got all excited and said, "Really!? I can eat three things? Oh boy!" I guess she didn't understand what "eat at least 2" meant.
#4
When Tommy woke up from his nap today, I went up to get him. He usually insists on bringing his binky with him and occasionally one of his blankets too. Well, today he wanted his binky and all 5 of his blankets too. I begrudgingly took them all, thinking about how my already small living room was going to feel smaller and more cluttered, until he gave me a huge smile and laid his head down on the stack of blankets on my shoulder. I realized at that moment, it is all worth it.
3 comments:
I Love it!! Made me laugh - I can totally relate.
And um, yeah
- good luck with Tommy, he sounds just like Adam!
My dad always said he wished Adam would have a child just like him - so there you go. Good thing he is so darn cute!
I need to see the humor in life much more often instead of getting annoyed. I love the one with Abby and the food. That's funny.
True, true! I need to find some humor in my life too! It is fun to see how your family has grown! Your children are beautiful!
Post a Comment