Today I folded and put away 4 loads of laundry, left Adam's clothes for him to put away. He's a big boy and highly capable. I straightened and lightly cleaned the bathroom, did the dishes, including the pans that have to be hand washed which usually end up sitting dirty on the counter until I have to wash it because I need it to cook dinner that night. I swept the kitchen extra good, but now looks like it needs it again. I washed the dining room table down, not just the top but the sides, legs and underside where Abby wipes her sticky, ketchup hands instead of using her napkin. Washed and dried a load of towels, but I have to confess, they are still sitting in the dryer and probably will remain there until tomorrow at least. Today was a good day for house cleaning. I am not usually this productive, especially lately. I have had a hard time focusing on one thing. Why do I have such a hard time getting things done sometimes? Maybe I am just too lazy? No motivation? Poor use of my time? I like having a clean house, I just don't like to be the one to clean it. I like to use the excuse that my house is just too small and if I only had a bigger house.... Wow, this is sounding really sad and depressing. I guess I am just frustrated with myself at my lack of "doing".
I just got Jillian Michaels' 30 day Shred. I am scared to try it. It sounds painful.
I hate the word, "why" right now. Right now, "why" is Tommy's favorite word.
I've learned that if I smile when Tommy is really driving me nuts, I don't get quite as annoyed. Tommy is picking up on some words from me that make me laugh. No, not cuss words. He says things like, "you making me fusstwayted" or "you making me ANGWY!". Even though they are not the worst things a kid could say, I realize that I am saying these things to him too often and I need to be more loving, hence the smiling. It really helps!
Tommy has this thing with smells, mostly bad smells and throws a fit when he doesn't like what he is smelling. The other day though, he was so cute. I gave him a kiss on his cheek when he was playing on the computer and he turned to me and said, "I wuv your kisses mommy, but I don't wuv your stinky breath."
I really want to post pictures but Adam upgraded our computer and now iPhoto doesn't work. As soon as I can convince Adam to leave his laptop home for a day or two I can post some really cute pictures of Tommy's birthday and Abby's activity day pinewood derby last night.
Blah blah for now!
1 comment:
Blah, blah, blah. J/K I like random thoughts. Especially these thoughts. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who is motivationally impaired most of the time. Funny thing, I was just thinking a few weeks ago that my house was too big and I could keep it clean if it was smaller. Not really true. I just tell myself these things to make me feel better. Although keeping one bathroom clean was easier than three. (sigh)
Shred Nancy!
Why not?
Funny Tommy.
I think my comment was almost as long as your post.
Post a Comment