Friday, January 8, 2010

Back To School Party '09

I decided to copy an idea I found on a blog and celebrate the start of a new school year in a new, fun way. We had their favorite meal, pizza of course, served on our garage sale china plates. They both were the "princesses" for the evening and got to show off their first day of school outfits in a fashion show. We talked about what would be expected of them at school, mostly for Emily's benefit since this was her first year. After dinner, the fashion show and yummy ice cream sundaes with all the toppings, their dad gave them each a father's blessing to help them through out their school year.

The girls, ready for their first day of school.
My big Kindergartner

Abby getting on the school bus. 
Emily, in her classroom, next to her best friend from Primary.
After a long, two hour smart start, first day of school.
Abby's second day of school outfit looks like something Cyndi Lauper would wear.







1 comment:

Jenks Jive said...

Love it! We're always saying we should be fun moms like Nancy. LOL! Maybe I'll start calling Abby Cyndi.